Links & Resources
Here is a list of websites that I’ve found useful for a lot of psychology, psychiatry, “self-help” and mental health related issues. Of course, I hope that you’ll use me to get help with obtaining other specific needs, resources, and referrals.
- CA Assoc. of Marriage and Family Therapists
The agency that insures integrity of professional marriage and family therapists.
- CA Board of Behavioral Sciences
The government organization that oversees therapists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals.
- Board of Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technician Examiners
Board that manages the practice of Licensed Psychiatric Technicians.
- National Board of Forensic and Addiction Examiners
Board that provides national certification for addiction and forensic treatment professionals.
- McGehee Partners.org
A private therapy and nonprofit organization I have been working with for many years. I have been helping provide clinical supervision to prelicensed therapists, and refer back and forth between myself and the Director, Judy McGehee LMFT.
- Sarah Wood, MS, MFTI
Sarah is working with us to provide low cost and sliding scale services for children, adolescents, and adults.
Local Mental Health Agencies
- LA County Department of Mental Health
Mental health services in LA County.
- LA County Department of Children and Family Services
AKA “DCFS”, providing child and family specific services.
- California Department of Mental Health
Regulatory agency for mental health services in California.
- American Psychological Association
Professional organization for all types of counselors, therapists, social workers and other types of providers of therapy, counseling, and psychiatric services.
- American Psychiatric Association
Similar to the above, but more research oriented.
Resources for Recovery/Support
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
Also known as “NAMI”. Resource for people with all types of “mental illness” and people that care about them. Depression, other mood disorders, “thought disorders” (schizophrenia and related illnesses), etc.
- CA Department of Social Services- “Find Services” Link
This link is here instead of under “Local Mental Health Agencies” because this is specifically for finding info on jobs, housing, day care, food aid and etc.
- Drug/Alcohol Treatment and Recovery Homes
National resource for drug and alcohol recovery.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Hotlines and resources for suicide prevention.
- Mental Health Conditions and Disorders: Conditions and disorders related to mental health and addiction.Therapist > Articles > Conditions & Disorders
Non-Therapy Related Sites- Friends, Other Pursuits
- Steve Grody, Downtown Self Defense
Arguably one of the world’s greatest combatives instructors.
Since 2002 I’ve been lucky enough to do engineering, co-production, live sound, tour and etc with my favorite working band, OHM.
In 2011 I engineered a side project with Chris Poland (from OHM), Frank Catalano (Miles Davis, Seal, others), Sean O’Bryan Smith (Larry Carlton, Michael Brecker, Keith Urban, others), and Jim Gifford (Guthrie Govan, JG3, others).
Science and technology news.
- Pasadena therapist: Thumbtack listing
Edge is a fantastic source of intellectual curiosities/information of all kinds.
- Pasadena Massage Company
Run by Brianne Ernst CMT, she has done a great job taking care of me after I mess up my body while training.