in Pasadena, CA
Hello and thanks for visiting April30th.org, home page of Petar Sardelich LMFT/PT/MAC. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (#44180), Licensed Psychiatric Technician (PT25861), and Masters level Addictions Counselor (#5442), providing private outpatient therapy, counseling, addiction treatment, consulting, and supervision in Pasadena, California. Since 1984, I’ve worked in adult and adolescent mental health services for inpatient and outpatient settings. As such, I have a varied experience with depression, grief/loss, issues of personal growth, relationships, anxiety, stress, abuse, trauma, and mental illness. I have also worked extensively with addictions of all types, and related issues (“codependency”, eating disorders, alcoholism, dual diagnosis).
My responsibilities have ranged from Licensed Psychiatric Technician (where much of my experience in mental health and medications comes from), to direct care counselor and therapist, Quality Director, Program Director, and Assistant Administrator. Currently I’m in private practice, teaching, providing clinical supervision to pre-licensed therapists, offering public speaking/community education, providing staff training and consultation. If you are looking for any of these services, I can be contacted at this address.
In the interest of our efforts to “put ourselves out of a job”, there is a lot of content available on the site. Some to help people get to know us, some that serves simply as an effort to be helpful. We hope this is practical and principled information available to current and prospective clients, students, professionals new and old. Please have a look around – we hope the perspectives are useful in some way.
Professional Memberships, Licensures, and Certifications
- Current LMFT licensure (Board of Behavioral Sciences, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists).
- Current Psychiatric Technician licensure (Ca. Board of LVN and PT examiners).
- Certified Masters level Addictions Counseling (National Assn. Of Addiction and Forensics Counselors).
- Previous certified group home administrator (Community Care Licensing).
- Previous LPS certification.
- Previous ProACT and CPR.
Proficiencies, Areas of Expertise
My primary experience has been with adults and adolescents, focusing on issues of:
- Personal growth
- Clinical supervision
- Self esteem, self worth, shame issues
- Mental illness
- Medication support
- Consultation for individuals, families, professionals, and facilities